CALL FOR PAPERS: Conference on Music and Media, 2023
Kabarak University wishes to call for empirical works and case studies for presentation at the International Conference on Music and Media to be held at Kabarak University between 5th and 6th October 2023.
Theme: Mainstreaming Music, Film, Media and Performing Arts for Social Development
The objectives of the conference are:
- To explore the role of technology in performing arts
- To discuss the future of media in the wake-digitization
- To discuss the future of music education in Learning institutions in Kenya
- To analyze the role of media in societal development
Submissions will be aligned to the following tracks;
- The place of music and performing arts in Kenyan politics and the electoral process
- Music Therapy
- The impact of technology on music composition and performance
- The future of music education in Kenyan learning institutions
- Contemporary issues in Journalism and Media
- The future of the media industry in the wake of digitization
- Contemporary issues in PR and communication strategy.
- The place of theatre in governance
Therefore, the school of music and media is calling for papers to be presented in this international conference in the areas of music, media and theatre under any of the tracks provided.
- Abstract submission deadlines - 30th June, 2023
- Paper submission deadlines - 30th August, 2023
Submission URL - https://conferences.kabarak.ac.ke/index.php/cmm
All submissions will be double-blind peer-reviewed for publication in a special issue of the Kabarak University Journal of Research (KJRI) which is charged separately.
- Kabarak University Undergraduate Students - KES 1,000
- Kenyan Participants (Certificate, book of abstracts, meals, stationary) - KES 5,000
- International participants - USD 100