Call for Papers
Conference Theme: Development, Deployment and Adoption of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Solutions.
Objectives of the Conference
- To provide a platform AI researchers and practitioners to share experiences, practical skills and knowledge in the development, deployment and adoption of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence solutions in Africa.
- To facilitate networking among senior and upcoming Data Science and Artificial Intelligence researchers with their industry counterparts for the establishment of collaborations.
- To provide an opportunity for presentation of research and practice papers which will be published in conference proceedings and a journal special issue for dissemination purposes.
Kabarak University wishes to call for empirical works and cases studies for presentation at the Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Conference to be held at Kabarak University on 7th - 9th February 2024
Authors are invited to submit:
- Case Studies: Abstracts or full papers based on case studies documenting challenges and lessons learned during the development and deployment of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence solutions in Africa.
- Emprical Works: Abstracts or full papers documenting results from research activities related to the adoption and impact of Data Science and Artificial Intelligence on the African continent.
- Project Presentations: Abstracts or posters documenting systems and solutions in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence solutions on the African continent.
Submissions will be aligned to the following tracks;
- Data Science: Data Mining, Statistical Analysis, Business Intelligence, Strategy-Making, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, Data visualization and Database Management among others.
- Artificial Intelligence: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Natural Language processing, Expert System, Robotics, Computer Vision, Speech Recognition, and Ethical issues.
- Emerging and Crosscutting Issues in Artificial Intelligence in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science.
Conference Mode – Hybrid
- All submitted abstracts will be published in the conference book of abstracts.
- Full conference papers will be published in a peer-reviewed conference proceeding.
- Selected submissions will be double-blind peer reviewed for publication in a special issue of the Journal of Information Systems in Eastern Africa. http://journals.kabarak.ac.ke/index.php/jisea
- Full Paper Submission: December 1, 2023
- Paper Acceptance and Notification: January 5, 2024
- Registration Deadline: January 19, 2024
- Conference Dates: February 7th – 9th, 2024
- Undergraduate Students: KES 4,000
- Kenyan Participants: KES 8,000
- International participants: USD 100